A world of food in Salzburger Land
No good holiday would be complete without good food. From a healthy and hearty breakfast in the morning to a sumptuous four-course dinner in the evening, here at the Sporthotel Wagrain we offer guests food and drink that not only taste fantastic but also give guests the energy they need to enjoy the Austrian Alps to their fullest. Our team of chefs looks forward to taking you on a culinary journey of discovery from the mountains of Austria to the coast of Italy and beyond. Sounds like your kind of thing? We have something for all tastes – literally!
Food at the Sporthotel Wagrain
Fresh, seasonal and regional
Fresh, seasonal and regional – those are the three key concepts when it comes to food at our hotel. This philosophy can be observed from our breakfast buffet in the morning all the way through to our four-course dinner in the evening. For us, sustainability is more than just a buzzword – it's a way of life and a passion for our team of chefs.
Here are some details about our breakfast buffet:
- Breakfast served from 7:30 until 10:00
- Large selection of breads, rolls, cakes, cheeses, cold meats, spreads, mueslis, yoghurts, fruit, etc.
- Freshly squeezed juices, coffee, tea (16 different blends available) & cocoa
- Hot dishes such as sausages and freshly made eggs (boiled, scrambled, poached, etc.)
- Lactose-free products
Our afternoon snack:
- Hearty snack served in the afternoon
- Available daily from 15:00 until 17:00 in our cafe bar with fine views
- Sweet and savoury snacks including salads, soups, a range of main dishes, cakes and desserts
Dinner at the Sporthotel:
- Culinary highlight of the day featuring Austrian and international dishes
- Salad buffet, fresh bread, cheese buffet
- Selection of main dishes, buffet evenings, gala dinners
- Special menu for children
Our all-inclusive package:
- In summer we offer an all-inclusive package which includes a lunch buffet served from 11:30 until 13:00 in our restaurant
- All drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) consumed with your meal, at the bar and from the minibar in your room are included
- Planning a day out? We will be happy to make you a packed lunch to take with you
- Outside the summer season you are welcome to enjoy lunch in our cafe bar with its à la carte menu offering snacks and main dishes
Our breakfast buffet is the perfect way to load up on energy ahead of an action-packed day out and about in the mountains. In the evening guests can look forward to a four-course dinner with a selection of dishes to choose from. And in between, either at lunch or in the afternoon, there are snacks and salads available at the hotel depending on the season and package booked.
Between autumn and spring we offer a half-board option with an afternoon snack. In summer there is the option of an all-inclusive package featuring not only breakfast and dinner but also a hearty buffet at lunch plus alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
Sunset at the bar
There is no feeling quite like sipping a cocktail on the terrace as the sun slowly sets behind the mountains. Our bar, lounge and terrace are a good place to meet with friends old and new for anything from an Italian cappuccino to a Gin Mare prepared using thyme and rosmary flambéd in a saucepan before your very eyes and served with a flourish.
Cosy. Welcoming. Traditonal. That is what a mountain hut should be. And that is exactly what the Rauchkuchl is. This exclusive spot is the perfect location for private parties and events for groups of at least 25 people.